share

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Why exercise is not good for you

So I completed Days 1 & 2 of the 30 day shred. I had hurt my foot on day 1, but carried on anyway into day 2 and tried to ignore the pain. I did my usual night shift that evening and by the morning of day 3, I was in agony.
Later that afternoon, my foot was so sore that I took myself off to A&E (it was a Saturday so couldn't see my GP). 2 hours later, the Dr said he thought I had bruised the ligaments in my inner ankle. I was to rest, elevate and ice it for a week, stay off it as much as possible for 2 weeks and then ease myself into gentle exercise after that.
My intentions of taking control over the summer holidays were short lived, I am now spending as much time as possible sitting down, resting my foot.
I guess now, I need to focus more on my diet and hope I can lose a little weight through diet alone. Hubby managed to do it, so I know it is possible.
I'm not sure the 30 day shred is for me. I haven't exercised in so long, I think I need something a little less intense until my muscles remember what they are supposed to do and don't just flake at the first sign of movement.
Time to think of a plan B. I have signed up to the Change for Life 10 minute shake up, aimed at getting children more active and encouraging families to lead a more active lifestyle. Maybe that will be a safer option for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...