share

Friday 12 July 2013

As one chapter ends, another begins

My youngest is in his last few weeks of nursery. In September, he will be starting Reception Year. Sad times.
8 years ago, whilst pregnant with my eldest, we made the decision that all the while it was financially viable, I would be a stay at home mum. Although it has been a mega struggle, and I have had a few part time jobs here and there, for the bulk of the time I have managed to be at home for both my children. It hasn't been easy; it's not all coffee mornings and lunch with the girls. At times it has been very lonely, but now it is drawing to a close and the world of employment beckons, it is sad to think that this chapter of my life is complete.
But here's to the next chapter! Little man is excited to be joining his big sister at school and although the idea of employment is daunting, it will be nice to have some extra cash for all the things we haven't had over the past few years. But what to do? My previous jobs have been in Accounts and I can't say I would be too thrilled to go back to it. Ideally I will find something within a school so I can still enjoy the holidays with the kids whilst they are still young and as mentioned before, I am thinking of training to be a nursery assistant. I have looked into childminding, self employment, crafting, retraining for something completely different, the list goes on. I guess the right opportunity will come along, I will just have to wait to see what it brings!
Have you returned to work after a career break? Did you retrain or set up your own business after having children? Please do share your stories :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...