share

Thursday 15 August 2013

My Home Decorated Cakes

I love making cakes. I don't claim to be any good at it, but I enjoy it and people enjoy eating them, so I'm happy. I started making them as a teenager, although my first 'proper' cake was for Little Miss's 2nd birthday. Encouraged by a friend who was having a joint party with us, we decided to make a cake each out of one of my books. She chose a frog and I chose the Fairy Toadstool shown in the pictures below - probably not the easiest cake for a first attempt! We started around teatime and 5 years on, I can still remember decorating these cakes into the early hours of the morning! 

We then both attended a couple of classes that showed us how to make sugar paste models and I got the hang of covering a cake in icing. 
I do 'cheat' most of the time in that I buy a cake mixture from my local shop, although the fairy toadstool I did make totally from scratch. I would like to go on courses one day as I do enjoy it as a hobby. I haven't yet attempted to create a cake from my imagination, I use pictures I have found on the internet and also some books that I have. Little Man's 5th birthday is coming up - last year I did him the Spiderman cake, so I'm not entirely sure how to top that. Any suggestions greatly appreciated - feel free to link me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...