share

Wednesday 18 September 2013

So what is it like being a 'Lady of Leisure'?

It has been two weeks since Little Miss returned to school and Little Man started full time Big School. The one question I am constantly asked is "What is it like being a lady of leisure", closely followed by "What do you do with all your time"?
Refraining from abuse, I simply smile and say "Oh you know, this and that". Truth is, I have never been so busy. I'm sure as all parents know, you can fill a couple of hours daily with washing, tidying & cleaning. That is just the basics. All minor things (filing being one!) have been on the back burner for almost 8 years now, culminating in a huge backlog. Now is the time that these things get sorted. Add in to that my ever increasing Avon round - 300 houses plus friends and family takes quite a lot of work to get around. I have also had medical appointments to attend, Little Man's birthday to prepare for.... Oh and college and job interviews, meaning as of next week I will also be a student and employed!

So what will I do with all my spare time? With 2 days of college placement, 2 night shifts and a part time evening college course, I'm pretty sure I will be kept busy. However as that still leaves me with 3 'school days' where I will be seen out and about, I'm sure the lady of leisure comments will still keep coming! So to all of those who don't really know me, but think they know me... I drink tea all day, I watch Jeremy Kyle on repeat and do a bit of shopping and 'lunch with the ladies'. Well we can dream can't we ;) x

3 comments:

  1. I just loved the 6 hours peace and quiet lol, love my children dearly too. Then I cleaned the whole house top to bottom lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it amazing how much housework you can get done, when you don't have to go around in circles clearing up the mess they are leaving behind you! x

      Delete
  2. I love this! It never gets easier I bet. I have a 6 month old who I stay at home to care for and I already get asked what I do with all my free time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...