share

Monday 8 July 2013

Hello World

I have written blog posts for a number of years, mostly for other people. After a little encouragement from the lovely Joanne at Charlie Moos, I have decided to set up a blog for myself. I have no real aim, you will mainly find ramblings about children (I have a 7 year old DD and a 4 year old DS); about baking as I enjoy making cakes and other nice things; and anything else that inspires me. 

I have been a stay at home mum for 7 years. I have tried various schemes to make a bit of extra cash in that time, the most successful being a cosmetic direct sales company (Ding, Dong!) I now have a substantial area that I cover and am currently the third highest selling rep in my area. This may all change in September, when my little monkey starts full time school. Unfortunately that is my cue to go back into the world of employment.

I'm not ashamed to admit I am not the perfect mum - if we are being honest with ourselves then I doubt anyone would claim to be perfect - and the name of my blog was inspired by a phrase I often use with the kids when they are continually fighting... "You are driving me Doolally!"

I look forward to sharing posts with you and I hope you enjoy reading them
Rach x

4 comments:

  1. Welcome (back) to blogging Rachel! I look forward to reading about your adventures and hope that some of your posts will include the beautiful cakes that you make! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sue! It is a certain little man's 5th birthday in September, so the trauma of getting THE cake right will soon be upon me! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to the blogging world! looking forward to some post from you loving the blog name!! i started to work as a nursery assistant in my sons nursery too and i absolutely love it! AK x http://mybuggyjunction.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm most definately not a perfect Mum and mine drive me doolally on a daily basis - hence the need for a strong coffee ;-) Have fun blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...