share

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Roll on the summer holidays?

Today has been one of those 'Doolally' days in our household. I don't know if it's the heat, or the end of term tiredness/blues/excitement, but the kids have driven me doolally!
We started at 7.45 this morning. Master Doolally is 4, Miss Doolally is 7 - when they wake up they know they have to get dressed, which they did. I usually make them breakfast and leave them at the table while I get myself ready. Admittedly this morning, I was running late myself, but knew it would all fall into place. 
Until I came through at 8.20 to find that neither of them had touched their breakfast, never mind brushed hair, cleaned teeth, put shoes on etc. That gave us ten minutes to do all that and fly out the door. Needless to say it didn't happen and I was haphazardly spraying them with sun cream as they were getting in the car.
We arrived at nursery a few minutes late, but surprisingly not majorly late. As it was my morning for volunteering there, I passed MissD over to my friend who walks her to the adjacent school on my volunteering mornings. My friend was waiting to go, as it was only 5 minutes before the bell was due to go. Miss Doolally promptly dropped a tub of Jumping Beans on the floor and not content with simply picking them up, she had to sit there and count every single one of them back in to the tub. WILL YOU HURRY UP, THE BELL IS ABOUT TO GO I said in a not-so-calm manner!
When left alone for a few minutes, this is what Little Man
gets up to. I think the cat is dreading the 6 weeks as
much as I am!

The morning went well, I strangely find some sanity in spending the morning in the company of 2 year olds. Before I know it, it's pick up time. MasterD came out in a terrible mood which resulted in a stand-off just outside the nursery gates, all because I hadn't bought his bike for him. Ok, I admit, I bribed him with some chocolate, we've all done it at some point. It worked pretty quickly and off we went to pick up his sister.
Before we had even got back to our house, the arguments had started. I don't really know what started it, but they had a full scale row in the back of the car and as soon as we pulled up at traffic lights, I was refereeing the second stand-off of the day. The third and final one came just before bed time. They had gone upstairs to clean their teeth, but MissD had popped back down for something and thus leaving MasterD upstairs on his own - something he does not like at all. His dulcet tones were probably heard halfway down the street as he protested that he hated his sister. We then spent the next 15minutes encouraging them to kiss and make up and making sure that MasterD knew that he mustn't use the 'H' word for anything, especially his family. 
Am I looking forward to the 6 week break? Judged on today's efforts, no i'm not! Wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...