share

Monday 22 July 2013

Teacher Gifts: Part two - what they will be receiving this year

I must admit, I had no idea what to give the teachers this year. After my creative efforts of last year, I knew it would be hard, especially as both kids still had the same teachers. I started looking on various websites to see what I could buy, but anything that caught my eye seemed to come with a hefty price tag.
A friend linked me to a suggestion, which started an idea. I wanted to do 'something in a jar'. Oddly enough, when I had been food shopping the week previously, the supermarket had a promotion on Kilner jars. So I took this as an omen and went off to buy some. I didn't really 'think outside the box' too much, I simply filled them with an assortment of sweets. However I did make my own labels for them, personalising them with the Teacher's name and the name of my children.
The idea behind it being that the jars are reusable and could be used in the future either in the classroom on in their homes. There's not much else to say about them other than that it is a simple but nice idea that is relatively cheap. I hope they enjoy them!



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you Sue! It gets harder every year!

      Delete
  2. My son plays piano and every year I find his music teacher earrings with a musical theme and she loves them!

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...